Most of our confidential documents and files today remain stored in our personal computers or laptops. Resources related to our business strategies, annual reports, sales and revenue report, future prospective etc remains stored in the computer. Internet has become the backbone of the corporate world now. Majority of the business information are transmitted over the internet. But the internet is no more a safe tool to carry on transactions easily. Identity theft has become a common issue of concern which has endangered the free flow of information over the internet, network security has become inevitable.
Network frauds have increased a lot. We often share a lot of our personal identifiable information over the internet while accessing our credit card, applying for loans or insurance, online marketing etc. This information is often accessed freely by others who can steal your personal identifiable information to carry on various wrongful activities.
Some of the ways which can lead to data violation are as follows
1. Insider Mistakes
2. Malicious Insiders
3. Outsider attacks etc
There are different ways to protect your Network Security
1. Effective firewall
2. Encryption technologies
3. Use anti- virus or anti- spyware protection
4. Updating software and browsers with security patches
5. Collecting information about latest network security measures and changing your password frequently
With the help of new technology it is possible to secure the business networking system. Among all the above mentioned processes data encryption is the most effective way for network security. This is used to protect the personal information stored in various external devices. Understanding the encryption technology is important to use it effectively for network security.
Here are few steps to carry on the encryption process successfully
1. Identity the data that needs to be encrypted , based on its importance
2. Determine the lifetime of the information
3. Select the appropriate encryption technology
4. Set policies and Procedures
5. Encryption key access criteria should be identified
6. Install the encryption technology
7. Form key Escrow Mechanisms and keys
Following these simple ways will help in carrying out the business networking successfully and share information freely.